Making a Difference

I have to take time aside to share something that has really made an impact on me. I have been able to meet many people through this job. I love to meet new people. "You can never have too many friends," as I always say. A few months ago I met a gentleman named Rich. I believe it was through a Trading Rooms session, or perhaps Master Talk. We have similar trading styles and point of views, so we had plenty to talk about. We have kept up communication through e-mail and an occasional phone call to talk about trading and other various topics. I was always impressed by his drive and motivation to learn.

I am writing about Rich today because last week he sent an e-mail that really touched myself and my family. I want to share part of this e-mail that he sent.

"Could you please share with me your son's name? I am signing up for a walk through "Autism Speaks" to take place here in Tampa, Florida in November and will be walking in celebration of your son's name (the organization asks if we'd like to walk in honor of somebody...your family is the only one I know of first hand battling this). Your story has touched me greatly and I've been searching for a cause to commit my time and energy to. This hit me like a brick wall recently and I'm committing to do my part at making a difference. As I told you I have a 4 month old daughter and I just melt everytime I look at her. I cannot begin to imagine the passion you must have to free your son and all children from this very challenging disease.

In addition, I would love to meet your son in person before the walk. Maybe I'll fly out there for lunch or dinner with you guys before the event. I would love to put a face with a name and walk my heart out for him here in Tampa this November. Maybe I'll even get a tshirt with his picture on it just for the walk. I want him to know that there are people all the way across the country pulling for him.

I really love kids and would appreciate the opportunity to help make a difference. You mentioned your coin "Gratitude"...it's funny, I carry one in my pocket that says "Vision" and on the back it's says "vision is the art of seeing things invisible to others". There's a whole future ahead of this cause that we cannot currently see. But with a strong enough vision and enough people we can move mountains. And I want to be there for it."


As many of you know, my 3 year old son Jaxon has Autism. He is my hero. When I received this e-mail from Rich, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I try not to deviate from educational info on this site very often, but today was a must. Receiving an e-mail like this and seeing that relationships and friendships run this deep, really stirred some emotion in me. I have always loved to teach and always tried to go the extra steps to help others, never really expecting anything in return. This e-mail really made me realize how there are genuine, caring and loving people out there. This effort that Rich has decided to participate in has really made every labor I have ever given well worth it. I wanted to share this with everyone so you can see the quality of people around you. Rich has become a hero of mine and my family. I am passing along a link to support him in this endeavor that takes place in a few months. Here is a copy of another e-mail...

"Dear Friends and Family,
Autism Speaks is getting ready for its annual signature event, Walk for Autism Research. I am planning to be a part of that Walk and I am asking you to join me in raising critically-needed funds for autism research by
making a contribution in support of my Walk.
Autism is a complex brain disorder that often inhibits a person's ability to communicate, respond to surroundings, or form relationships with others. First identified more than 50 years ago, autism is typically diagnosed by the age of two or three. Autism affects people of all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Few disorders are as devastating to a child and his or her family. While some people with autism are mildly affected, most people with the condition will require lifelong supervision and care and have significant language impairments. Many children with autism will never be able to tell their parents they love them.
Currently, the causes of autism are unknown and there are no specific medical treatments or cure. Physicians have no blood test or scan that can definitively diagnose the disorder. As such, the diagnosis of autism is based solely upon observations of behavior. Despite increasing national interest and high prevalence, autism research is one of the lowest funded areas of medical research by both public and private sources.


Whatever you can give will help! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

Sincerely,

Rich Strehl
Click here to get to my personal page and make a secure, online donation"


I am not sharing this to look for donations, although I am not discouraging it. My friends, family and I have supported this cause since day one, and will continue to do so, especially to get behind Rich and his efforts. The main reason I am sharing this is to reinforce one of life's lessons. Rich is taking a step to make a difference in the lives of others. Your lives will be positively impacted when you take time to help someone in need. I continuously mention what my intent is for this blog. I want to see a place where people can network and help each other reach common goals and aspirations. Let's keep working towards this goal. Look what positives are coming out of it! In the meantime... If you are reading this Rich, you are an amazing person. It means a lot to me that you are taking time out of your life to make a difference and to support my son. Thank you.

Next time you see Rich on a session, send him a note and tell him what an awesome guy he is.

Very touching. Go Rich and especially Go Jaxon!

Great post. Things like this really help to keep things in perspective.

Well done Rich on taking this initiative!

thank you for spreading such courage and passion towards life and each other... I am truely inspired and motivated..THANK YOU

There seems to be a problem with the online donation link. I get a message that the page is not found.

I think the link has been fixed. If you still have problems, let me know. Thank you for your support!!!

Post a Comment
...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT... ...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...

About me

  • I'm Option Addict
  • From Saratoga Springs, Utah, United States
  • I am a professional trader and an instructor for Investools. I've had relations with the markets for 9 years. Born in Concord, CA, but reside in Saratoga Springs, Utah. Father of THREE, Husband of one.
My profile

Prescriptions Here!

Other stuff

Blogarama - 
The Blog Directory
Directory of 
Finance/Business Blogs Finance 
blogs Top Blogs Finance Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory