Actually, that stands for Why Trade Futures...for those of you who assumed that stood for something esle. (You have dirty minds!) Since you all knew I was a little more bearish on the market I needed a way to hedge my bearish bets when I watched the market start to rally earlier today. At times like this, hedging becomes an awesome strategy. I did take a few losses on bearish positions, and closed a few trades today based on my exit rules. You all know I exit my trades towards the end of the day and a few trades were remaining above exit points, so I have closed out. But earlier in the day as the market rallied and the positions start losing, there has got to be a way to enter something that can offset the losses....



Try trading futures! I took a position in the NQ Sept deliveries and rode a little of that intraday uptrend, but gave some back towards the close. Huge sell off in the last half hour! So that is something to consider...or perhaps trade index options, or ETF's to hedge. Like I mentioned in last nights presentation, just because you are bullish/bearish on the market, does not mean you should diversify at least a little. What if you are wrong???

...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT... ...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...

About me

  • I'm Option Addict
  • From Saratoga Springs, Utah, United States
  • I am a professional trader and an instructor for Investools. I've had relations with the markets for 9 years. Born in Concord, CA, but reside in Saratoga Springs, Utah. Father of THREE, Husband of one.
My profile

Prescriptions Here!

Other stuff

Blogarama - 
The Blog Directory
Directory of 
Finance/Business Blogs Finance 
blogs Top Blogs Finance Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory