There is a Great "Annoyance" in the Force.

Hopefully you have seen Star Wars otherwise that title won't make any sense. I also want to disclaim that I am no Star Wars Geek. In fact I do not own a single movie from the collection. Now that I have cleared the air, if you have seen the original Star Wars you might remember when Obi Wan says "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." This quote came after the Galactic Alliance blew up a planet for hell of it, and Obi Wan was somehow able to feel this through his mojo. Every night around this time as I prep for a presentation, or conduct some research I feel a disturbance in my "Force" that I would like to share.

First, I went to Wikipedia to look up the term "The Force." Here was one sentance of what seemed to be a never ending resource for Star Wars enthusiasts. "an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the galaxy together."

On a relative note, let's define "The Force" as it relates to us. I consider it to be a source of energy and knowledge created by individuals seeking information and motivation in hopes of becoming a productive trader. When I stroll into work everyday, I feel this energy in the enthusiasm, motivation, and production permeate from the guys I choose to surround myself with. It is easy to absorb this and feed off of it to produce results in my own trading.

Anyways...back to the quote. So what individual source could penetrate this wonderful source of energy? How can such a positive environment be tarnished? What is the ultimate "Annoyance" in this force? His name is Jim J. Cramer. You might have seen his show on CNBC called "Mad Money." Jim is able to earn a decent living and generate a massive spotlight doing virtually the same thing myself and co-workers do on a daily basis. The nice thing is...he is able to get help from teleprompters, filtered incoming calls, a few sound effects, enormous audience, and an occasionally thrown object. Mad Money just came on a few minutes ago, and I must confess it drives me nuts. I disturbes my "Force."

Has this show ever influenced your decisions to trade? Ever taken one of his reco's? This wonderful "Force" that we all try and dwell in, is being threatened. I know a few people that have taken trades based on his words and have turned their accounts upside down as a result. Listening to his show, he has an economical/fundamental reason to buy or sell every stock thrown his way. I do give him credit on knowing a few of these companies well, while subtracting the credit due from any help he gets from teleprompters. I will also give him credit to his discernable style. I would love to be in his shoes with that style of presentation, but of course I would try and add value. Perhaps time frames & exits? The guy is approaching a half million viewers, so Im sure they would appreciate a little more guidance than buy or sell. Some of those trades were disastrous to say the least! A recent study was done on his trades...the results were compared to a coin toss. Are those the kind of odds you want? Most of the profits made on his trades were shorting them a day or two after the reco comes out. An average of 12 days later and the stock is back to pre-reco prices. This is a sad statistic, and thats why I think the show should be titled...

Bottom line...Listen to the show if you wish, but like any other recomendation, do a little research to make sure the investment meets your qualifications and needs before you buy. Plus I was a little irritated anyway and wanted to voice my opinion of this cancerous show. Mad Money is the biggest annoyance in "My Force." On that note, have a good night! Or I'll see you in the Credit Spreads presentation starting at 8 pm ET.

...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT... ...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...I'M AN OPTION ADDICT...

About me

  • I'm Option Addict
  • From Saratoga Springs, Utah, United States
  • I am a professional trader and an instructor for Investools. I've had relations with the markets for 9 years. Born in Concord, CA, but reside in Saratoga Springs, Utah. Father of THREE, Husband of one.
My profile

Prescriptions Here!

Other stuff

Blogarama - 
The Blog Directory
Directory of 
Finance/Business Blogs Finance 
blogs Top Blogs Finance Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory